Monday, August 4, 2008
Scare of my life
Today I feel like the worst mother ever. Kaeley has food allergy's to egg and milk products. She is highly sensitive and even breaks out from residue. This weekend she stayed with a friend and she by accident ate gold fish which are a NO NO. They have milk and egg in them. She was given Benadryl right away but only got 1 little break out on her face and had a runny nose. So today I thought maybe she is growing out of it, so I put a drop of coffee creamer on her tongue and she was ok then I put a drop of milk on her cheek and she didn't break out, so then I gave her a tiny piece of cheese about the size of my little fingernail, and within seconds she started acting weird, saying her tongue felt funny and that she felt sick she was holding her chest. Her lips seemed a little swollen and her speech was slower. I freaked out, and gave her benadryl right away, I keep making her stick her tongue out and talk to me. I gave her a second dose which she refused and I had to sit on her and make her take it. I got her in the car and we headed for the hospital, on the way there she seemed the same, she was blowing bubbles and had alot of mucus so we went to my mother in laws which is close the hospital, I got her out of the car and vomited mucus. The hives on her face where going away, but her heart was beating so fast. She finally came out of it, but then her stomach was hurting her so bad, she would not eat or drink anything and was just rolling around on the floor. It was a horrible experience, all I could think was what if she dies on the way to the hospital. Think God she is alright. I learned my lesson, to let the doctors re test her if I think she could be growing out of her allergy's and not do it myself. It was the worse feeling in the world. I am so thankful she is ok. I just pray she grows out of this.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
How scary. Makes me get teary just thinking about it. I have often thought that maybe I should just give Adam a little bit of peanut butter to see how he reacts, but after reading your story I will not do that. Thank God she is ok.
Post a Comment